At home with...Camelia & Feyza

Originally from Romania, Camelia and her daughter Feyza now live in Warwick, as does her sister Nicoleta (Mezei) and her family (husband Cris and children Isaac & Clara). As Cris is confined to a wheelchair Camelia is involved in providing additional and often daily help to the Mezei family.

Feyza (left) and Camelia (right)
In her own words Camelia gives us an insight to her new normal.
  
1. Introduce yourself

Hi! My name is Camelia aka “Feyza’s mum” or Nicoleta’s sister 😊.

2. What impact has the current lockdown had on you?

Even though lockdown didn’t impact us as much as other people were, we had times when we felt really down and stressed. It took us a while to get in to the new routine, but I can say we finally made it.

3. What does your ‘normal day’ now look like?

A normal day starts with us going to Cris and Nico in the morning around 8:30am and finishing somewhere around 2 or 3 pm, sometimes maybe even late if is good weather, as Feyza enjoys playing with Isaac in the garden. Arriving home I do homework with Feyza, even though she says being a teacher doesn’t fit me. I prepare dinner, do some stretching’s in the house (it is hard to stay away from food when bored 😊), maybe watch a movie, play some games with Feyza or read a book and the day is finished.

4. Tell us one encouragement you’ve experienced whilst in lockdown.

Through this lockdown I realised how precious relations with friends are and that God is with us through this. He wants us to learn something from all of this. For some time life just stopped from its normal rushing, running and having no time for anything. I think we should spend more time enjoying the life around us and not least our Creator.

“Two women were looking through the bars of a prison: One saw the mud, the other one saw the stars”. (from a book, sorry I don’t remember the name). Each of us can choose how to look and evaluate our lives. We can see the mud or we can rise our look through the stars.

5. Any funny moments you are willing to share?

On 1 April Feyza and I totally forgot that is April Fools Day, so we decided to do it next day as Feyza wished so much to trick me. As always she tricked me so many times that she didn’t know to stop. As she was sitting in her tent in the living room she starts shouting: “Mummy spider, spider” (by the way she looked terrified as her worse fear is spiders). Me: “Good joke Feyza, I nearly believed you”.

She continued on shouting, screaming and even crying. When I went to her it was really a spider that was trying to go into her tent 😊. Feyza was like: “Mummy, why you didn’t believe me” crying and laughing in the same time. Well …she learned her lesson now about not joking too many times on April Fools!

6. Tell us one thing you are finding challenging.

I found challenging staying in the house when is sunny outside and being away from our friends.

7. What aspect of God’s character or work have you been enjoying?

Being more days at home made me spend more time in God’s word and understand how precious time is. We felt and saw Gods graciousness and love with us through all this days.

8. Give us something we can pray for you.

If you could pray for me that God will give me wisdom to teach Feyza and be a good mum. That God will make me a good servant and an example for the people around me so that they can see through me and in my life God’s love.

“If you didn’t have part of a miracle, then be one. “







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Midday tomorrow!

Word Online

Reaching your neighbours - the Mezei's front window!